What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Another Vivid Dream... (please help if you can)

Mark Ravenheart

Although it has been a while, I had an extremely vivid dream and again, it involved Native American "spirit people". I know Mama Bear said dream interpretation is not exactly her lane so I thought I would put this out there for anyone who might be able to help me better understand the dream.

I was told by the spirit people in my dream that I would be working with these energies; 🌽 corn snake spirit (and corn was a central theme of the dream). I was told to venerate the corn mother 🌽 and was shown a woman planting corn and another woman crushing corn with a rock to make cornmeal. The only thing was, corn was only mentioned in reference to the snake and the corn mother, as the word "maize" 🌽 was used and repeated the rest of the time. I was also shown a length of rope and a black rock.

I was told that I would be working with "a giant named Lee and a small Lee", which later stepped out as "Li li - Li li - Li li" as in the sound of a Native war cry; one that is usually sounded by the women of the tribe, and I was told to use it if I ever needed help with anything.

I probably am not spelling this right, but I woke up saying, 🗣️ "ooch a na oo wankantanka mi untanka ooch a na oo." and had been saying it over and over again in my sleep. I have no clue what it means or if it is actually a Native language.

I wonder about every aspect of the dream, especially the connection to corn snake and the corn mother; how I am supposed to work with these energies, and for what purpose...??? I also wonder why it is always Native American spirit people who come to me in these extraordinarily vivid dreams with all of the symbolic messages??? ...with anything from initiation experiences to healings.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!!!

M. Ravenheart

Mark Ravenheart

I have been doing a little bit of research and have found that the Corn Mother is synonymous with the Earth Mother and I have great reverence for her. Maize (or corn) is like the "seed of life" that ensures prosperity and longevity. I am still confused about the rope, the black rock, and the words that I spoke in my sleep and upon awakening. I greatly appreciate any and all help!!! And why I am visited so often by Native American Spirit people.

I also found this quote: "...in the Native American culture, dreamwork is highly revered. People are encouraged to remember their dreams and seek help from Shamans to interpret the meaning of their dreams to progress on their spiritual journey."

Last edited:

Grasshopper

Staff member
I believe by the syntax the dialect is Lakota, perhaps part of a prayer. The corn snake is a constrictor that lives (guess) near corn storage. It relies heavily on its vision, particularly as they get older. Studies indicate it has an intelligence that rivals some birds and rodents. Corn Snake heralds an open path, moving higher.

It is most active at dawn, dusk, and from March to November.

Keynotes about Corn Mother include fertility, providence, abundance, common sense, practicality, and strength. She is literally the spirit of the corn, and has healing capabilities.

It's interesting here is if the language is Lakota, they believe corn was brought by the White Buffalo

Mark Ravenheart

So Awesome @Grasshopper, Thank you so much for helping me in my attempt to unravel this dream. If corn snake heralds an open path, moving higher, then it really makes sense to me because the rope symbolizes ascension, ((light?), and conversely, the ability to descend, I am guessing into the shadows).

The black rock makes me wonder if it is obsidian or an Apache tear. (Or even tourmaline.) Obsidian is considered a stone of truth with the ability to enhance prophecy. I dunno, I am just going on intuition about the black rock. Seems to be protective and I am assuming healing as well.

Again, I am not sure but I believe that corn figured into the creation myths of the Navajo and the ancient Mayan cultures, and also figured into almost all Native tribe's beliefs in some way or another.

As for why indigenous people visit me in my dreams, I really don't know unless it is part of a past life kind of thing. Someone once suggested to me that a lot of people with a history of trauma have Native shamans as spirit guides...But I am not sure about that, but it does get my mind, (squirrel cage), turning. I have had a Native American shaman approach me in my dreams on at least 3 occasions.

In the most recent dream I had, Native American spirit people/guides come to me to perform a healing ritual on me and to warn me that there was an entity trying to steal my breath away.....which is interesting since I have both Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and sleep apnea where I will stop breathing for a minute or so, several times every hour and all throughout the night.

It is wild, it is like fitting the pieces of a puzzle together, but on a spiritual level rather than a physical one.

Last edited:

Gayle Wyant

It also appears Lakota to me. The Corn Maiden figures very heavily into the creation mythos of alot of the Tribes throughout the Americas. She blew breath into mankind and taught them planting, weaving, cooking and even in some tribes gave them fire. To many of the Tribes corn meant life to them even as much as if not more so than buffalo or deer. It is about living your life and not letting labels, roles etc constrict you. Learn ways of using your issues to learn how to help you be the best you can be now and use your learning to comfort and heal others similar to yo. The black rock is raw hematite I was told. Hematite repels negativity and pain. It protects the holder but also has a return to sender affect to it. It is one of a group of stones amongst the tribes referred to as Shaman stones. What does the rope look like? My intuition says it is straight with a few knots in it but y want to know what you saw. It is a cord tethering you to the mother as she shows you how to remember the ways of your spirit. This is very similar to vision quests i have witnessed and been a part of. These dreams you mentioned here and in other threads are a remembering of past lessons you've learned in this life and previous lifetimes. I hope this is helpful. And yes it have done dream interpretation for many years amongst many other skills and talents. And we are all still learning and growing. But now we have a pack to share with! In hope, joy, love, serenity and interconnectedness y

aprilmorningstar

Very powerful dream. You may be on to something with the black rock. Sometimes things won't all come together immediately. One thing you can try is to pick one symbol from the dream that stands out, such as the rope or the black rock and just free associate and see where it takes you. Or meditate on it. I too sometimes dream of Native American people, I even had one dream that played out, in a way, right in front of me in waking, but I'm still not completely sure what it means. And if any input you get resonates with you-it may be pointing you in the right direction

Mark Ravenheart

Oh thank you @aprilmorningstar, I have been perplexed by these types of vivid dreams for years and I appreciate your insights. As for the black rock, I know that some Native tribes did use obsidian to make tools, weapons, etc.

I had a reading once by a woman of British royalty who told me that I was Native American in a past life and that is why I keep having these dreams of indigenous peoples. She went on to tell me things that no one knew but me. I was astounded as it was my first reading.

C c

Although it has been a while, I had an extremely vivid dream and again, it involved Native American "spirit people". I know Mama Bear said dream interpretation is not exactly her lane so I thought I would put this out there for anyone who might be able to help me better understand the dream.

I was told by the spirit people in my dream that I would be working with these energies;🌽corn snake spirit (and corn was a central theme of the dream). I was told to venerate the corn mother 🌽 and was shown a woman planting corn and another woman crushing corn with a rock to make cornmeal. The only thing was, corn was only mentioned in reference to the snake and the corn mother, as the word "maize" 🌽 was used and repeated the rest of the time. I was also shown a length of rope and a black rock.

I was told that I would be working with "a giant named Lee and a small Lee", which later stepped out as "Li li - Li li - Li li" as in the sound of a Native war cry; one that is usually sounded by the women of the tribe, and I was told to use it if I ever needed help with anything.

I probably am not spelling this right, but I woke up saying, 🗣️ "ooch a na oo wankantanka mi untanka ooch a na oo." and had been saying it over and over again in my sleep. I have no clue what it means or if it is actually a Native language.

I wonder about every aspect of the dream, especially the connection to corn snake and the corn mother; how I am supposed to work with these energies, and for what purpose...??? I also wonder why it is always Native American spirit people who come to me in these extraordinarily vivid dreams with all of the symbolic messages??? ...with anything from initiation experiences to healings.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!!!

M. Ravenheart
Yellow Corn pollen dimension or world (how ever you want to see it)is the dimension we are currently in so basically everything is referred to as yellow corn or corn fill in the blank. Snake and mother would seem to me grounding. I have had dreams and communication in a different language before to me it’s ancestors visiting you in your dream state. You can attempt to contact in meditation state for further guidance as well. Do you have an ancestor alter?

Mark Ravenheart

Do you have an ancestor alter?
Not yet, I am looking into getting my own apartment soon and will create an ancestor altar as soon as I have my own space. Right now, I live with 2 roommates and it is an uncomfortable arangement. I need my own space and when I get a new place the first thing I will do is build my ancestor altar and create sacred space. I agree with you that it is ancestors...

Thank you for responding to my dream thread, you may not know how helpful you have been, but you have been and I am truly grateful.

aprilmorningstar

Oh thank you @aprilmorningstar, I have been perplexed by these types of vivid dreams for years and I appreciate your insights. As for the black rock, I know that some Native tribes did use obsidian to make tools, weapons, etc.

I had a reading once by a woman of British royalty who told me that I was Native American in a past life and that is why I keep having these dreams of indigenous peoples. She went on to tell me things that no one knew but me. I was astounded as it was my first reading.
I'm just glad if anything I said helped at all. The Aztecs also used obsidian, it can be associated with the jaguar,and they made mirrors with it also, and you can find obsidian scrying mirrors in some metaphysical shops as well-but you may have already known that. The word mirror just stood out for me when I saw it. but who knows, that may be for me and have nothing to do with this...

Mark Ravenheart

I'm just glad if anything I said helped at all. The Aztecs also used obsidian, it can be associated with the jaguar,and they made mirrors with it also, and you can find obsidian scrying mirrors in some metaphysical shops as well-but you may have already known that. The word mirror just stood out for me when I saw it. but who knows, that may be for me and have nothing to do with this...
Oh yes, you have helped a lot!!! And I think it is very cool that you mentioned Jaguar as that is my Mayan totem animal and I have a small gold sheen obsidian sphere that I use to scry with. I have never actually seen the obsidian mirrors, but I find the idea fascinating. I don't know if I mentioned that I was a practicing Wiccan for a couple of years, but became disillusioned with the community and decided to go solitary. So I am a bit rusty, but I'm excited to be re-joining the metaphysical madness.

Rebecca

Hi Mark!

I have no first-hand knowledge about the subject, so let my Google-fingers do the walkin’.

You may have already known this but:

“In Lakota spirituality, Wakan Tanka…is the term for the sacred or the divine.[1][2] This is usually translated as the "Great Spirit" and occasionally as "Great Mystery". ----Source: Wakan Tanka - Wikipedia

also found this website with a Native American prayer that begins “Ate Wakantanka”: http://www.tahtonka.com/prayer.html

Also, when I typed “wakan tanka” into the YouTube search bar, a lot of interesting videos popped up. If nothing else, the info will be interesting!

Mark Ravenheart

No, I did not know @Rebecca. Thank you for sharing that with me. It has been suggested that what I was saying may have been a prayer so it makes sense that the Great Spirit was called up. I haven't checked out the link you posted yet but I will very soon. Thanks so much for your help and assistance, I am grateful.