What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Before we got here.

don

There is a teaching among some North American Tribes that says we visit the families we'll be part of prior to being born.

I like to think I visited (spiritually) with my Mother, Father, Sisters and brother before becoming a part of their family.

Circumstance and life may alter the direction of individuals and families - but I believe we know the heart and thinking of the family we'll be part of before we're born.

Regardless of how difficult our lives may be - because of unexpected events and situations - it's nice that we all maintain a connection to family. (at least some part of our family).

I like to think I saw the family that I choose to become a part of before I was conceived.

Recently I've learned I have another half family I've never known. (and likely never will).
I can't imagine choosing any differently, regardless of DNA.

I've learned that the choices we make (before and after birth) are not made simply for ourselves.
Our choice to join a family is also made, knowing that our unique brand of strength and encouragement is something our particular family will need and hopefully appreciate.

In the spiritual world before life, what does it matter if riches or want abound, so long as love, hope, and appreciation are alive in the family we join?

After life begins, there are many twists and turns that alter the family dynamic.

If we know our family was a choice that we made - then navigating the rapids of life can be more easily accomplished with compassion and understanding.

You weren't dragged into a life you didn't expect.
You willingly joined this life and family because it offered you something wonderful.
Perhaps for some of us - we need to go back and remember what brought us together with the ones we love.

What gentle hearts we found - in lives not yet joined - that brought us forth in little balls of smiling flesh? Just a thought.
I like the teaching this thought offers.
I believe it brings great comfort and strength, where family is concerned.

Mark Ravenheart

I understand that this thinking/belief brings you comfort and strength, and that is lovely. I respectfully disagree, however. Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that I don't understand.

I don't ascribe to the belief that we choose things before we are born. I am not saying your belief is wrong or that it does not have value. I am only saying that it doesn't fit with my way of thinking, (at the moment.) I hope you can respect that as I also respect your right to believe as you will.

I apologize to you @don as a soul contract is the one spiritual belief that I am not totally sold on...(yet). Perhaps that is mainly because I haven't had much time to think it through and I am not sure that I totally understand the concept.

I am also testing the waters here to see if we can agree to disagree, at least for the moment.

I am all for whatever brings hope and happiness to people, however having said that, when I was young, I was abused by one of my parents. I don't understand why I would have possibly chosen that. It is a difficult subject to discuss for me and for many others. I am not trying to open that can of worms right now or right here. I just want others to understand where I am coming from because you are about the only people whose opinions really do matter to me.

The Wild Pack is my tribe and I do not mean to step on any toes, so perhaps someone could direct me to some reading material or help me to understand the core beliefs behind making pre-birth choices ie; "soul contracts" and the like...etc. I am open to the idea but I am just not sure I agree or understand it at this point in time.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thank you in advance to one and all who may decide to help me to explore this subject.

Respectfully,

M. Ravenheart

Last edited:

Littles

I understand that this thinking/belief brings you comfort and strength, and that is lovely. I respectfully disagree, however. Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that I don't understand.
I think there is beauty in the ability to step back and acknowledge "my current perspective and thoughts do not match another's" Without it having to feel like a personal attack or like you have just made enemies.

In my opinion there are many spectrums, layers and routes to take to lead you to your own personal beliefs. Personally I do tend to lean toward Soul Contracts. It makes the most sense to me, especially when I add in numerology or astrology, the way I can look at Birth Charts and draw connections between family members-- like literal ties that will create challenges, growth, form strong bonds etc.. But if this didn't make sense to another, I wouldn't take offense to it myself.

Last edited:

Mark Ravenheart

I think there is beauty in the ability to step back and acknowledge "my current perspective and thoughts do not match another's" Without it having to feel like a personal attack or like you have just made enemies.

In my opinion there are many spectrums, layers and routes to take to lead you to your own personal beliefs. Personally I do tend to lean toward Soul Contracts. It makes the most sense to me, especially when I add in numerology or astrology, the way I can look at Birth Charts and draw connections between family members-- like literal ties that will create challenges, growth, form strong bonds etc.. But if this didn't make sense to another, I wouldn't take offense to it myself.
Thank you so much @Littles!!! I have never even considered my entire family's birth charts but my own natal chart has led me to a better understanding of myself. So perhaps if I look at it from that perspective, I will come to a different understanding and conclusion.

I want to understand Soul Contracts and how to best explain the traumas I incurred, but until then it just doesn't make sense to me. I do however wish to comment on the fact that there is a great deal of understanding and respect among the Wild Pack and that to me, speaks of tolerance, great spiritual growth, and maturity.

I will continue to explore this belief because even though I don't agree with it right now, I want to keep an open mind so that I don't stagnate or drown in ignorance.

don

I don't ascribe to the belief that we choose things before we are born. I am not saying your belief is wrong or that it does not have value. I am only saying that it doesn't fit with my way of thinking, (at the moment.) I hope you can respect that as I also respect your right to believe as you will.

I apologize to you @don as a soul contract is the one spiritual belief that I am not totally sold on...(yet). Perhaps that is mainly because I haven't had much time to think it through and I am not sure that I totally understand the concept.

I am also testing the waters here to see if we can agree to disagree, at least for the moment.

I am all for whatever brings hope and happiness to people, however having said that, when I was young, I was abused by one of my parents. I don't understand why I would have possibly chosen that. It is a difficult subject to discuss for me and for many others. I am not trying to open that can of worms right now or right here. I just want others to understand where I am coming from because you are about the only people whose opinions really do matter to me.

The Wild Pack is my tribe and I do not mean to step on any toes, so perhaps someone could direct me to some reading material or help me to understand the core beliefs behind making pre-birth choices ie; "soul contracts" and the like...etc. I am open to the idea but I am just not sure I agree or understand it at this point in time.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thank you in advance to one and all who may decide to help me to explore this subject.

Respectf

don

It's simply something I heard that seemed to make sense (for me).
If everyone agreed with what I've heard, it would be a very dismal world.

You can not grow unless you make decisions for yourself.

Thoughts and ideas are a little like dreams.
Each thought and dream is designed to make the individual explore both their conscience and subconscious worlds.

You may not agree with everything you hear, but you will mull it over in your mind while deciding. It's a way of keeping our mental pipes clean.

My belief (concerning what I wrote), is that people are strong enough to endure the madness of people lost in their own selfishness.
At the same time, they're strong enough to refuse abandoning others who need and appreciate their unique strength and love.

Changes are made by people undergoing situations they can't accept.
The world changes one mind - one heart - at a time.

Al-Anon was started by one person who saw a need for change.
MADD (mothers against drunk drivers) was started by one person with a vision.
Alcoholics Anonymous, Co-dependant support groups, sexual assault groups, PTSD support, and an endless array of programs helping people deal with life's hardships were all created because one person refused to let the craziness go on.

It's when we see our dilemma, in the eyes of another, that a universal purpose is understood.
Our own misery can reveal the need for the greatest good we might ever accomplish.

Whether we bow to the knowledge of what needs changing - or not - is the choice of each person.

Millions live and die each year without moving to change a thing. The live - then they're gone.
Others find work following the call of change, making their contribution something helpful to all people everywhere. They seek fields they're compassionate about (like Mama Bear (Bernadette)).
Occasionally, we hear of those refusing to step back from changes that've taken too long in coming. Many of them of perish in their pursuit of making a better world. (Others keep following until changes finally come).

It would be nice if understanding came immediately with each upset of life.
Unfortunately, understanding takes time. Like with dreams and ideas - the mind and heart must subconsciously devour small bits of life at a time.

It's not what's been done to us - it's how we use whatever it was to ensure it doesn't happen to other people. That's some of what counts.

Sometimes, all you can do is to be kind, despite where you've been, what you've experienced, and how much you'd like to forget - or whatever.

In life, everyone has an opportunity to forgive - or forget - or both. Not everyone feels ready to do either - or both.

As soon as we stop building monuments to people who've done the unkindnesses to us - we can begin building castles for loved ones (including ourselves).

Anyway, I found no problem with your thoughts on what I wrote. You created a thought? That's a good thing.

Last edited:

Mark Ravenheart

It's simply something I heard that seemed to make sense (for me).
If everyone agreed with what I've heard, it would be a very dismal world.
Anyway, I found no problem with your thoughts on what I wrote.
Thank you don for not mistaking my thoughts for a personal attack and thank you also for your understanding. As I said, it doesn't make sense for me ...right now, but I may change my mind as I explore the subject further.

Many blessings,
M.Ravenheart

Reactions: don

Trish Telesco

there are certainly people who have fallen into my life who I feel I've known forever, as if we danced in the karmic circle together frequently.

In terms of a soul contract, I sometimes think it is an agreement you make with your innermost, true self. You may stray from it, but always know if you're getting too far off the beaten track. When you really get lost, that's when all hell breaks loose.

A contract prior to life makes some sense in terms of free will. Those who believe God is all-knowing realize that simply sending a soul to earth without any say (let alone an owner's guide) in it seems truly nasty. I mean, if God knows we will be drastically sick, or suffer at the hands of others, the lack of any choice on our part subtracts from the idea of God's goodness.

Now, as to what's in that contract, well I think I was drunk at the time thinking, "oh, what the hell." Now I want some clauses added post haste!

Mark Ravenheart

Now, as to what's in that contract, well I think I was drunk at the time thinking, "oh, what the hell." Now I want some clauses added post haste!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your sense of humor. That is funny to me and would probably fit me as well.

There are things that have happened in my life that I am pretty sure I would have not ever chosen, but since I have, I am at least thankful that I have survived to tell the story.