What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Cat hunt and a kitty cafe trip booked.

Pearlized

Staff member
I have promised to take my youngest granddaught out for the day in June, when she has a week holiday from school.

I was like where can i take a 10 year old sweet quiet girl out to, where we can both have fun.

I was doing an internet search when up popped a Cat hunt page in York, only 30 mins away by train from our next main line station. She adores cats, so this was a brilliant starting point. She misses her's that she had to leave with her dad when my daughter and granddaughter had to leave. Then, Well we will leave it there with that part.

These are cat figurines dotted all over York, about 25 in all. A few will be too far out from the main city centre to see, so around 18 to hunt down and take pictures of.

I then thought, what else can we do while there that would suit us both. BINGO. They also have a Cat Cafe in York, where you can spend 1 hour sat having a drink and cake, or a little more. {{ Just no feeding the cats at all }}

Oh and just before i confirmed everything Stu and I saw a spider on our wall. The High Priestess. So my wishes were woven into reallity today.

Links to both websites at the bottom.

So date has just been confirmed and our 1 hour slot booked for mid afternoon, when grandma's feet will need a rest 😁 🤣 🤣 🥰

Littles

These are cat figurines dotted all over York, about 25 in all. A few will be too far out from the main city centre to see, so around 18 to hunt down and take pictures of.

I then thought, what else can we do while there that would suit us both. BINGO. They also have a Cat Cafe in York, where you can spend 1 hour sat having a drink and cake, or a little more. {{ Just no feeding the cats at all }}
OMGoodness this sounds wonderful. I hope you both have such a lovely time I'm sure you will. Honestly I myself can't imagine a better time. lol 🐈<3

mawbbb

I have promised to take my youngest granddaught out for the day in June, when she has a week holiday from school.

I was like where can i take a 10 year old sweet quiet girl out to, where we can both have fun.

I was doing an internet search when up popped a Cat hunt page in York, only 30 mins away by train from our next main line station. She adores cats, so this was a brilliant starting point. She misses her's that she had to leave with her dad when my daughter and granddaughter had to leave. Then, Well we will leave it there with that part.

Oh and just before i confirmed everything Stu and I saw a spider on our wall. The High Priestess. So my wishes were woven into reallity today.

Links to both websites at the bottom.

So date has just been confirmed and our 1 hour slot booked for mid afternoon, when grandma's feet will need a rest 😁 🤣 🤣 🥰

Oh Pearlized, that sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!! I hope you and your granddaughter have a wonderful time!

Pearlized

Staff member
Oh what an absolutely amazing day. So many reasons, but the best being how much fun we both had together, considering it was our FIRST time out like this. It was so heart melting to see her enjoying it all so much.

So as promised pics from the 6 we did find. Yea not good out of the total of now 24. LOL

The Far right is the only one we could find a name for this time. Climbing up above the door of The Black Swan pub. Supposedly one of the most haunted hostelries in York.

We will be going back as it was a little confusing this time, due to where the trail used to start from, not being there anymore. It was still fun though.

Attachments

• 20220601_115005.jpg
    20220601_115005.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_132404 (1).jpg
    20220601_132404 (1).jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_124728.jpg
    20220601_124728.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_124608.jpg
    20220601_124608.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_120258.jpg
    20220601_120258.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_120126.jpg
    20220601_120126.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 1

Pearlized

Staff member
Now for the Cat Cafe. It was so much more and better than i expected. I was a little worried that it may have been, shall we just say. "" Not Ideal"" For the cats. I could not have been more wrong. They were all so well cared for, healthy, bright eye'd and beautiful coats.

There were rules that were a MUST to follow. For the cats health and safety, plus this is their home not ours.

• Please don’t feed the cats or allow them to take food, even crumbs, and please don’t give them anything to drink, especially milk
  • Please don’t pick up or move the cats (unless they are trying to steal food!), their beds or their furniture
  • Please don’t chase or corner the cats
  • Please don’t disturb the cats when they are sleeping, eating or grooming themselves
  • When taking photos, please ensure the flash is OFF
Before you go in to the main cafe area's, there is a perspex door, dividing the entry and the rest of the cafe. So all cats are kept safe from escapeing. 🐱 💖

They are treated like God's and Goddesses, which i was very impressed by.

All the cats are from :-

We are involved with rescue centres (Cat Rescue and Welfare Trust, near York and Animal Care at Lancaster) and offer several of their cats a new home in the cafe. Our other cats have been re-homed in the cafe after they struggled to find homes elsewhere or were surrendered by their previous owners.

So a few pictures below and i have posted the website for them at the bottom, where you can find out more about them and how it all works so well.

Attachments

• 20220601_150431.jpg
    20220601_150431.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_144617.jpg
    20220601_144617.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_144554 (1).jpg
    20220601_144554 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220601_153029 (1).jpg
    20220601_153029 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

mawbbb

How fun Pearlized! And you are right, the cats look like they are treated like Gods and Goddesses. :love:🐱