What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

My spiritual connected true everyday stories.

Pearlized

A few have said how they like my everyday stories. So here i go with more than i have ever written down before.

Pull up a chair and get comfy @Moonbow, @Tina n & anyone else who loves true life majical stories.

Part 1 and the start of everything goes back to late summer of 1999. A year before i met my other half.

It was late summer of 1999 and i was at a family & friends BBQ at 1 of my brothers. There were around 20 there on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. At 1 point my dad and i went and sat on the front doorstep away from everyone else to have a quiet smoke. We had been chatting about everyday stuff for a while when the following conversation happened. I had been divorced for almost 9 years by that time.

Dad. So what would you like for Christmas.

Me. OO A dishwasher would be good.

Dad. Ok what sort.

Me. Oh a 6ft Dark haired one would be fine.

Dad. Laughing said, Oh you will have to sort that one out yourself.

My dad was 70 19th January 2000. He died on Fri 11th February 2000. Roughly 6 months after that conversation. I actually knew on the Monday before the 7th of February that he did not have long left with us, yet i was told he was fine, just dad being dad. I knew different, but could not say anything as no one would have believed me and to be honest would have lost it with me if i had said anything.

On that Friday it was my day off so was home all day, feeling no different from the last 4 days. I then got a phone call around noon from the middle 1 of my 3 brothers. {{ All younger than me }} Telling me dad was in hospital and it was not looking good. I told him i could get there within an hour. He told me to wait as they were talking about transfereing him to another hospital. He would call me back as soon as they knew if or when.

I sat around drinking coffee and yea smoking a lot for almost 5 hours, not knowing what was going on, if he had been moved or still at the same hospital.

Just before 5pm his wife rang to tell me he was on his way to pick me up. It was rush hour on a Friday night and i was frantic on how long he would be. He picked me up around 5.20pm and i knew it could take us twice as long to get there.

We finally made it to the hospital at 6pm FIVE MINUTES after my dad had died. My mum was there and so was my youngest brother. {{ My oldest brother was miles away south of London. }} It seems they had been there ALL DAY and i felt they had KEPT ME AWAY. I only got maybe 10 minutes at the most with my dad. The last thing i did before we left was give him a forehead kiss, not knowing at the time the significance of doing that. The rest of that night was a blur.

I was accused of all sorts after that. Not caring because i did not cry. I had done all of that the 4 days before my dad died. Plus other stupid stuff that did not actually happen, but being mummy's boys they took over everything.

Fast foward to 1st September that year. Just under 6 months after my dad died and around a year after the dishwasher conversation. I was asked if i wanted to go on a night out and meet a guy who was also single. I only went because it was a change and being with others i knew i was safe.

To be continued .....

Yea i know i have left you wondering what happens next. So until next time. 🥰 💜 🦋

Tina n

Gotta love brothers ! My 2 are older and lived far away from my parents .. i had kids so i got to be the caregiver.. my mother couldn't understand why my dad left the house et al to me and my kids as a life estate..so i told her and she never... i was just so tired of hearing about "the boys" who did nothing to help (me or her) that i was very blunt and told in one short sentence, she never mentioned it again ;)

Mama Bear

Administrator
Owner
A few have said how they like my everyday stories. So here i go with more than i have ever written down before.

Pull up a chair and get comfy @Moonbow, @Tina n & anyone else who loves true life majical stories.

Part 1 and the start of everything goes back to late summer of 1999. A year before i met my other half.

It was late summer of 1999 and i was at a family & friends BBQ at 1 of my brothers. There were around 20 there on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. At 1 point my dad and i went and sat on the front doorstep away from everyone else to have a quiet smoke. We had been chatting about everyday stuff for a while when the following conversation happened. I had been divorced for almost 9 years by that time.

Dad. So what would you like for Christmas.

Me. OO A dishwasher would be good.

Dad. Ok what sort.

Me. Oh a 6ft Dark haired one would be fine.

Dad. Laughing said, Oh you will have to sort that one out yourself.

My dad was 70 19th January 2000. He died on Fri 11th February 2000. Roughly 6 months after that conversation. I actually knew on the Monday before the 7th of February that he did not have long left with us, yet i was told he was fine, just dad being dad. I knew different, but could not say anything as no one would have believed me and to be honest would have lost it with me if i had said anything.

On that Friday it was my day off so was home all day, feeling no different from the last 4 days. I then got a phone call around noon from the middle 1 of my 3 brothers. {{ All younger than me }} Telling me dad was in hospital and it was not looking good. I told him i could get there within an hour. He told me to wait as they were talking about transfereing him to another hospital. He would call me back as soon as they knew if or when.

I sat around drinking coffee and yea smoking a lot for almost 5 hours, not knowing what was going on, if he had been moved or still at the same hospital.

Just before 5pm his wife rang to tell me he was on his way to pick me up. It was rush hour on a Friday night and i was frantic on how long he would be. He picked me up around 5.20pm and i knew it could take us twice as long to get there.

We finally made it to the hospital at 6pm FIVE MINUTES after my dad had died. My mum was there and so was my youngest brother. {{ My oldest brother was miles away south of London. }} It seems they had been there ALL DAY and i felt they had KEPT ME AWAY. I only got maybe 10 minutes at the most with my dad. The last thing i did before we left was give him a forehead kiss, not knowing at the time the significance of doing that. The rest of that night was a blur.

I was accused of all sorts after that. Not caring because i did not cry. I had done all of that the 4 days before my dad died. Plus other stupid stuff that did not actually happen, but being mummy's boys they took over everything.

Fast foward to 1st September that year. Just under 6 months after my dad died and around a year after the dishwasher conversation. I was asked if i wanted to go on a night out and meet a guy who was also single. I only went because it was a change and being with others i knew i was safe.

To be continued .....

Yea i know i have left you wondering what happens next. So until next time. 🥰 💜 🦋

Sorry. Tell me again why you aren't writing professionally?

Grasshopper

You know, if you haven't already you might want to set up a document in which you write up these stories (perhaps in dated order?). It doesn't have to be purdy right now. You can go back and expand, tidy, etc. later. do we get to know the title (If you want to keep it secret no worries)

Pearlized

You know, if you haven't already you might want to set up a document in which you write up these stories (perhaps in dated order?). It doesn't have to be purdy right now. You can go back and expand, tidy, etc. later. do we get to know the title (If you want to keep it secret no worries)
Its the story of our PTSD journey The title is still secret for now. I am very good at remebering date and time lines. Plus i have lots of notes already on a PTSD website i can use as a write it.

Grasshopper

YEAH!!!!!

I have noticed you are a very diligent person. I truly believe this effort will be a success in part because PTSD isn't one of those things people understand. It is, for the most part, a hidden condition so everyone thinks you're "just fine"

Pearlized

Having been reminded about this yesterday I promise i will get back to it in a few days with the next chapter.

Its been a bit/lot up and down here with all sorts of crazy. From weather to health crap. So i have taken a leaf out of my own book and done self care and me time. Hubby has also been doing the same.

Last edited:

Pearlized

I am still trying to get back to writting the next chapter. I cannot believe how the time has flown by these last few weeks.

It seems months ago that we booked our holiday, yet here we are getting everything together to go in the next few days. Tickets and intinery were picked up this morning, so hubby is like a giddy toddler now. Would not surprise me to find him sat with a bucket and spade all ready 2 days before we go.

I will get back to it. I think i need a Round Toowit now. A big one at that. 😁 🤣 🦋