What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Power Animals and Anger

Mark Ravenheart

Should we work with power animals when we are angry with someone??? I mean I can see myself acting out of spite when I am angry enough, (which doesn't happen often.) I don't get angry often but when I do I fly into a rage. I am thinking that is probably not the best time to work with power animals, but I am unsure about it. How could a power animal or spirit animal help me in a situation such as that? I would love to hear your thoughts on this...

Pearlized

Why not use them to calm your anger Then ask them to show you a way to stop before your rage rises. Which animal would you choose to sooth your soul as such. Look into calming crystals too, to work along side your animal of choice.

I know im am a Pisces, but i also know i have a lot of Aires fire too. So when i feel the fire begininng to burn for no reason, i grab my Aquamarine braclet.

LOL Yea i know about the flying into a rage bit though. I can go from zero to full on volcanic in milli seconds when the wrong buttons are push too often.

I can also do the cool calm and collected, dead pan reaction. Then turn and walk away. Which can scare folks even more.

Around 18 months ago someone pushed way WAY too far. They wanted to talk to me ""In Private"" outside the pub. Naa not that daft. So i made them stay where ALL could see and hear. For my safety to be honest. Oh i gave them it full bore. Straight to jugular type stuff. No shouting, just in your face truth.

Afterwards hubby was told by the hard men. LOL That they were ready to jump up and protect the other guy, cos they thought i was going to drop him where he stood. LOL Yea me 5ft and 10 st. Him almost 6ft and at least double my weight. I do have their respect because they now i wont tolerate what this guy was trying to do.

Mark Ravenheart

I am Pisces (Water) as well but I have Saggitarius (Fire) moon and Sagg (Fire) rising. Fire and Water = Alcohol I do believe. ha ha ha

But seriously if an angry fish is a Shark then a calming fish would be a Dolphin, so I would choose to work with Dolphin to not only calm me but also invoke my sense of humor.

And I would also work with aquamarine to boost the calming affect.

The adrenaline rush I have when angry makes it difficult to control my anger, to speak, or to do much else but to go ballistic. So if I am not going to get violent which I generally choose not to do, I feel it is probably best if I turn away and go for a walk to expend the adrenaline.

Thank you for encouraging me to think about this more. I can be bitter and sharp-tongued when angry and I have been known to break a nose or otherwise incapacitate a person when in a rage. (I am 6 ft. and 250 lbs.) However, I prefer to remain calm and walk away whenever possible.

Pearlized

Dolphin DEFINTELY

Maybe look to anything connected to the WEST too. West being the direction for water. Also the symbol for water in the Sacred geometry elements. Which in this case is. Icosahedron. The meaning of this is designed to even out and smooth Hence Balancing the nature of water and its flow.

So any of the Ark cards with this symbol on them could help too.

Mark Ravenheart

Yes, you are right on the money... the 40% drop in heart attack risk is a plus too, but I have always been a cat lover...I just worried that I would dnot have enough money to care for one, but I have recently got a housing voucher which will save me a lot of money on rent, so I can afford to take care of one properly and can hardly wait until I am in my own place.

Grasshopper

Staff member
Mark Look into a carecredit card. It can ONLY be used for vet or human medical. No interest for a year. It helped me on several occasions when I had a pet emergency.

As for working when angry, I am of two minds. I do agree you could call upon a creature to help center you so you can think clearly.

I also feel there are risks. I never work magic when I'm pissed off (the results are not pretty or helpful). There's the chance of projecting your anger onto an Animal Ally (kind of like when we hurt people close to us when we're upset about something else altogether). I would say trust your heart. You know yourself pretty well from what I've seen. If you can tether the anger and use it as a conversation bubble with your Animal Helper - it could be amazing.

Kuma熊

I am Pisces (Water) as well but I have Saggitarius (Fire) moon and Sagg (Fire) rising. Fire and Water = Alcohol I do believe. ha ha ha

But seriously if an angry fish is a Shark then a calming fish would be a Dolphin, so I would choose to work with Dolphin to not only calm me but also invoke my sense of humor.

And I would also work with aquamarine to boost the calming affect.

The adrenaline rush I have when angry makes it difficult to control my anger, to speak, or to do much else but to go ballistic. So if I am not going to get violent which I generally choose not to do, I feel it is probably best if I turn away and go for a walk to expend the adrenaline.

Thank you for encouraging me to think about this more. I can be bitter and sharp-tongued when angry and I have been known to break a nose or otherwise incapacitate a person when in a rage. (I am 6 ft. and 250 lbs.) However, I prefer to remain calm and walk away whenever possible.
I feel a bit angry today and uneasy. Do you think the zodiac matters with spirit animals? cause I'm a Gemini, and as far as I know Gemini is associated with twins (humans). And I suddenly I remember my pet bunnies that my sister bought but one of them died because of sickness and another one is still alive until now. We take care of her as a single bunny, 2 dogs, and plenty of fish.

What do you think of it?

Mark Ravenheart

Mark Look into a carecredit card. It can ONLY be used for vet or human medical. No interest for a year. It helped me on several occasions when I had a pet emergency.
I will do that @Grasshopper thank you!!!
As for working when angry, I am of two minds. I do agree you could call upon a creature to help center you so you can think clearly.
I also feel there are risks. I never work magic when I'm pissed off (the results are not pretty or helpful). There's the chance of projecting your anger onto an Animal Ally (kind of like when we hurt people close to us when we're upset about something else altogether). I would say trust your heart. You know yourself pretty well from what I've seen. If you can tether the anger and use it as a conversation bubble with your Animal Helper - it could be amazing.
Yeah, I think I will stick to working with stones and breathing exercises when I am angry. The last thing I want is Jaguar energy running off with me. It could easily cause someone to get hurt and it would probably be me. LOL ie; backfire due to wishing negativity on someone (I try hard to never do that). Or I could harm someone else and end up in prison....(Totally not worth it)!!!

I usually freeze and do not act on my anger...most often I walk away whenever possible. As I mentioned previously, I almost never gather up a full head of steam. When I do get angry tho it can be pretty intense. Happily, I tend to get over being angry really quick. If I take a walk and cool down I can usually think clearly about how to handle the situation.

I appreciate your reply.

Peace n blessings,
Mark (RH)

Mark Ravenheart

I feel a bit angry today and uneasy. Do you think the zodiac matters with spirit animals? Yes I do, but that is just my opinion and not a hard fact!! I think being a twin sign you may struggle with conflicting feelings, but again this is just one mans opinion so please take it for what it is.

What do you think of it?
Please read my response above to Grasshopper on what I think of things.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question

Mark Ravenheart

I see, I just don't like that some people found Gemini as a**hole two-faced. I mean just because someone is born as Gemini doesn't mean that person is bad.
No, I don't think that Geminis are two-faced or bad. It is a dual sign just like Pisces, and there's another dual sign (Libra perhaps) I can't remember. Anyways, I wish you the best.

Mama Bear

Administrator
Owner
@Mark Ravenheart and @Kuma熊 - working with a Power Animal WHEN you feel the rage coming on is a superpower all unto itself. For instance - the triple Scorpio and animal champion in me has been struggling - and I do mean struggling - all day long to stay grounded and not go ballistic becauase of the Faucci news and animals. Spare yourself and DO NOT look it up. Just know it's evil beyond evil - if it's true. Which, based on what I know so far - it is ....and then some. HOWEVER no politcal discussions here, please. This is about an isolated bit of info. That said...

I have called on Wolf - who I JUST started working with - a big black Eurasian Wolf - to help me put my hackles down and stop snarling. Wolf knows when the time is right to attack and when to sit and watch a situation. And when I say 'attack' - the way I do it is to fight back. Donate more to organizations that fight to end cruelty to animals (especially animal testing). I send the most love I can muster to the dark center of the energy vortex created by monstroscities. Oh, yes. Where light shines darkness cannot exist and I've got a strong battery.

Now, Wolf will let me know when it's 'go time'. And I'll be able to accomplish what I set out to do because I'll be calm and rational. Right now is not that moment, though. LOL

Never work with a Power Animal when you know you have a tendancy to go berzerk. Rage is one thing. That can be cool, calm, and collected. Berzerk is quite another. In that scenario - you've lost before you've won.

Kuma熊

@Mark Ravenheart and @Kuma熊 - working with a Power Animal WHEN you feel the rage coming on is a superpower all unto itself. For instance - the triple Scorpio and animal champion in me has been struggling - and I do mean struggling - all day long to stay grounded and not go ballistic becauase of the Faucci news and animals. Spare yourself and DO NOT look it up. Just know it's evil beyond evil - if it's true. Which, based on what I know so far - it is ....and then some. HOWEVER no politcal discussions here, please. This is about an isolated bit of info. That said...

I have called on Wolf - who I JUST started working with - a big black Eurasian Wolf - to help me put my hackles down and stop snarling. Wolf knows when the time is right to attack and when to sit and watch a situation. And when I say 'attack' - the way I do it is to fight back. Donate more to organizations that fight to end cruelty to animals (especially animal testing). I send the most love I can muster to the dark center of the energy vortex created by monstroscities. Oh, yes. Where light shines darkness cannot exist and I've got a strong battery.

Now, Wolf will let me know when it's 'go time'. And I'll be able to accomplish what I set out to do because I'll be calm and rational. Right now is not that moment, though. LOL

Never work with a Power Animal when you know you have a tendancy to go berzerk. Rage is one thing. That can be cool, calm, and collected. Berzerk is quite another. In that scenario - you've lost before you've won.
I see mama bear thank you so much for your explanation :) 🧸

Gayle Wyant

I work with a grey wolf and a bear cub (and also it's Mama). I agree with Mama Bear rage is one thing and bezerk is another. Bezerk to me is much more out of control and spewing negative energy bolts everywhere. I am more of a pressure cooker than a volcano. I am slow to anger and quick to forgive. When I do blow it tends to not be pretty, but others that know me have told me that I need to do it more often. That's where both wolf and bear come in: They teach us patience, to work with others for the good of the pack, but also when to protect ourselves and our pack. Also anger, like pain, brings our awareness to a situation, person or event. If we didn't get angry we would not know and appreciate the joys of life. Also anger can be very motivating. I often teach Will + Intent + ACTION = Change = Magic. Anger almost always brings our will and intent into focus, we take action, which causes a change of some kind to occur. That's real magic!

Mark Ravenheart

I was pondering a scenario in which I am working with Leopard/Jaguar energy to express my anger in a way that commands respect but am concerned about Jaguar running off with my energy and me not being in control of that. in other words, Jumping from controlled rage to going out of control/berzerk. So, Mama Bear advises not to work with a power animal if you have a tendency to go berserk, and unfortunately, depending on the circumstance, I do have a tendency to lose it, at least occasionally, (especially when my loved ones are hurt or threatened).