Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Psychic Fairs

Mama Bear

Administrator
Owner
CONGRATS! How exciting!

I've read at a jillion of psychic fairs. Only ever had one negative experience and it was with another reader. LOL My expectations usually are the same as they are every day. Have fun, send good energy to attract good energy.

Some biz pointers are:

1. Make sure you have a swipe/chip reader for your phone or laptop. These days people will look at you cross-eyed if you ask for cash. LOL

2. Engage with people. Don't sit around at your table like a lump (Which many readers do! In fact they bring books and read them during 'dead' periods.).

3. Bling your table out in 'metaphysical woo woo stuff'. For the most part, the public expects to see that kind of stuff. It's part of the 'the show'.

4. MOST IMPORTANT - ask folks if they would like to be on your email/newsletter list. Then send out an email once per month or week or whatever. On occasion send discount coupons to the list but always stay in communication with them. That's a BIG way to build your 'list'.

5. Take selfies and post to Insta, Facebook, etc. Make sure you have a Facebook page and/or website where folks can easily find you in case they misplace your business card ... which I'm certain you have ;)

Hope that helps! Which fair are you reading at? You're here in Florida, right?

RestlessMermaid

How fun!!! I went to one a couple weeks ago.... here are my thoughts. @Mama Bear covered A LOT of great info.

Because majority of my footprint online is using fake names, make sure you are upfront with how you intend to use their name/info for marketing purposes. I'll give you a fake name/profile to tag online but rarely do I give anyone my real name. I only use my real bday info with trusted friends and legal documents lol and there are a lot of us who like to stay hidden in the woo-woo 🤣

Make sure your devices are well charged and you have backup reader and power supplies in case you aren't near a power source. I had this happen to a lady inwas making a purchase with. Her device died and her reader broke lol it happens. Be prepared for it!!!

Offer a candy dish with GOOD candy assortment, including sugarfree. Think nice neighborhood Halloween candy lolol I'm a sucker for candy.... I'm not alone in that

Be sincere and engaging, not just your spiel, because no matter how well thought out, it will get monotonous and boring. I don't stop at boring energy and you probably don't either!!!!

Like Mama Bear said, bling it out, they're going for the fun as well as the woowoo!!!

I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

C c

CONGRATS! How exciting!

I've read at a jillion of psychic fairs. Only ever had one negative experience and it was with another reader. LOL My expectations usually are the same as they are every day. Have fun, send good energy to attract good energy.

Some biz pointers are:

1. Make sure you have a swipe/chip reader for your phone or laptop. These days people will look at you cross-eyed if you ask for cash. LOL

2. Engage with people. Don't sit around at your table like a lump (Which many readers do! In fact they bring books and read them during 'dead' periods.).

3. Bling your table out in 'metaphysical woo woo stuff'. For the most part, the public expects to see that kind of stuff. It's part of the 'the show'.

4. MOST IMPORTANT - ask folks if they would like to be on your email/newsletter list. Then send out an email once per month or week or whatever. On occasion send discount coupons to the list but always stay in communication with them. That's a BIG way to build your 'list'.

5. Take selfies and post to Insta, Facebook, etc. Make sure you have a Facebook page and/or website where folks can easily find you in case they misplace your business card ... which I'm certain you have ;)

Hope that helps! Which fair are you reading at? You're here in Florida, right?
St. Augustine…I’m nervous! I don’t have a website but working on the rest! The chip reader was one of the first things I thought of technology ugh 😂 good information thanks!

C c

How fun!!! I went to one a couple weeks ago.... here are my thoughts. @Mama Bear covered A LOT of great info.

Because majority of my footprint online is using fake names, make sure you are upfront with how you intend to use their name/info for marketing purposes. I'll give you a fake name/profile to tag online but rarely do I give anyone my real name. I only use my real bday info with trusted friends and legal documents lol and there are a lot of us who like to stay hidden in the woo-woo 🤣

Make sure your devices are well charged and you have backup reader and power supplies in case you aren't near a power source. I had this happen to a lady inwas making a purchase with. Her device died and her reader broke lol it happens. Be prepared for it!!!

Offer a candy dish with GOOD candy assortment, including sugarfree. Think nice neighborhood Halloween candy lolol I'm a sucker for candy.... I'm not alone in that

Be sincere and engaging, not just your spiel, because no matter how well thought out, it will get monotonous and boring. I don't stop at boring energy and you probably don't either!!!!

Like Mama Bear said, bling it out, they're going for the fun as well as the woowoo!!!

I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
Yes she did and so did you thanks so much!

Grasshopper

Staff member
I actually have two bits of advice. If you start a reading and realize this person has gone to a dozen readers before without getting the answer they want, say so. I politely turn away such people because IMO it's a negative spiritual pattern NOT to listen when you ask the Universe something. I can't ethically feed that.

Second, while there are ways of delivering bad news (generally I don't want anyone walking away from a reading in fear), there are also times you have to lay it on the table.

I was in PA and this wisp of a gal came along. A real sweetheart. She pulled her stones. I looked down. Looked again, and once more. By now she was shifting in her chair. The reading said someone was stalking her and she needed to go to the police. She admitted her X did not take things well and has been showing up everywhere, but she thought it was harmless. I personally took her to the police department to start the process of a protective/restraining order.

Giving people that kind of information is risky. They may scoff and walk away. And sure you could sugar coat it, but I'd rather be wrong and say something, than right and keep my lips sealed.

BTW - a lot of readings have a "light" side. Bits of humor sneak through mine all the time.

Finally, ask the facilitator if there are any known "issue" people - those who come to events and make a rukus. You don't need that kind of vibe when you are reading.

Moonbow

Staff member
St. Augustine…I’m nervous! I don’t have a website but working on the rest! The chip reader was one of the first things I thought of technology ugh 😂 good information thanks!
Ummmmm.....St. Augustine is only an hour and a half away (and we frequent there often) - sounds like a road trip day! 😁 What is the fair called?

C c

Ummmmm.....St. Augustine is only an hour and a half away (and we frequent there often) - sounds like a road trip day! 😁 What is the fair called?
Shiner center hosted by experience psychic fair in October

Mark Ravenheart

Just for fun and in the spirit of a good gigliana ritual, I call psychic fairs, "psycho fairs." I have been to quite a few of them here in Ky, but not as a reader or vendor, but as a patron.

I used to have such a hard time because as an empath or whatever, I used to stay wide open and, I would end up picking up all the negativity around me. Even tho it was a generally happy place the negativity was enough to make me sick. So I had to stop going until I learned to shield myself. (I needed more Ju Ju juice). ;)

Most people were understanding and offered to help me. I like the bond of psychic fair vendors and readers, I used to help sell tickets at the door, so I was allowed to join in the circle before the fair, go out and eat dinner, then after that, we generally had an open drumming circle. I miss the warmth of a good circle and the friends I made. I should go to another one soon.

Anyways what got me thinking about this is I would love it if the wild pack and Mama Bear could all do a psychic fair together. I think that would be really cool. I don't know if there are plans to do something like that but I just thot it was a cool idea. I guess we all live too far apart, but who knows, ....maybe someday.

Sorry didn't mean to write a book, but I did want to draw closer to everyone here. I know a lot of you are there for the money, but beyond that, what is your favorite part of a fair???

Bright Blessings 💜🤍💜

C c

Just for fun and in the spirit of a good gigliana ritual, I call psychic fairs, "psycho fairs." I have been to quite a few of them here in Ky, but not as a reader or vendor, but as a patron.

I used to have such a hard time because as an empath or whatever, I used to stay wide open and, I would end up picking up all the negativity around me. Even tho it was a generally happy place the negativity was enough to make me sick. So I had to stop going until I learned to shield myself. (I needed more Ju Ju juice). ;)

Most people were understanding and offered to help me. I like the bond of psychic fair vendors and readers, I used to help sell tickets at the door, so I was allowed to join in the circle before the fair, go out and eat dinner, then after that, we generally had an open drumming circle. I miss the warmth of a good circle and the friends I made. I should go to another one soon.

Anyways what got me thinking about this is I would love it if the wild pack and Mama Bear could all do a psychic fair together. I think that would be really cool. I don't know if there are plans to do something like that but I just thot it was a cool idea. I guess we all live too far apart, but who knows, ....maybe someday.

Sorry didn't mean to write a book, but I did want to draw closer to everyone here. I know a lot of you are there for the money, but beyond that, what is your favorite part of a fair???

Bright Blessings 💜🤍💜
I’m only charging $5.00 for five minutes…I’m more in to it for the experience! I have never been to one never heard of one until this year 😂 your experience sounds fun makes me excited 😜

Mark Ravenheart

@C c I didn't mean to sound like I was judging anyone for wanting to make money, I figure most people are doing it cause they enjoy doing it as well as making a few dollars. And I truly hope that whatever happens you find it to be a fun and enjoyable experience. I would love to hear how it goes.

Pearlized

I have been to a few over the years as a visitor, not a reader.

The one thing that i do remember being told after going to my first one was to go earlier in the day if not used to them. As a build up of negative energy can cause issues. That first gave me a headache after only 30 mins. I had to go outside 3 times that afternoon. So every other one i went just after they opened and had no issues then.

C c

I have been to a few over the years as a visitor, not a reader.

The one thing that i do remember being told after going to my first one was to go earlier in the day if not used to them. As a build up of negative energy can cause issues. That first gave me a headache after only 30 mins. I had to go outside 3 times that afternoon. So every other one i went just after they opened and had no issues then.
I’m very sensitive to energy as I am sure many of us on here are so this sounds like it’s really going to challenge my shielding practices 😳

Pearlized

Negative energy! Shouldn’t it be all love and light?!
Its the negative that some visitors can bring in and then let go. Where i went there were many things going on, not just readers. Reiki was a big thing too, as they were big fairs.

Those sensitive could pick some up as they walked round later in the day as it built up.

TheLastChanceCrone

I’m very sensitive to energy as I am sure many of us on here are so this sounds like it’s really going to challenge my shielding practices
I've gotten my own little how to shield - I like black clothing (lace and velvets) - I also like to shroud myself in a big bubble that I envision surrounds me. Otherwise when I go out where there are other people I have major issues with both energy and thoughts bombarding me.

C c

I've gotten my own little how to shield - I like black clothing (lace and velvets) - I also like to shroud myself in a big bubble that I envision surrounds me. Otherwise when I go out where there are other people I have major issues with both energy and thoughts bombarding me.
I struggle with those things as well terribly I do the envisioning myself in a bubble sometimes is doesn’t work and I have to reenforce and then go through this whole cleansing process when I get home in the shower! My intention that day is to meditate prior envision my bubble and sit in it for awhile before going I will also do the black clothes love that thanks