What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Question of the Week 10/8 - Details Details. The importance of specificity

Grasshopper

Staff member
This is not so much a question but a conversation about being detailed in our prayers, meditations, rituals, etc.

There are times when you want to give the Universe an open-ended wish. For example, you may wish to find a soul mate, but you should not be wishing for X person because it borders on manipulation, and may end up terrible.

In the same game, I know a young lady who prayed for a partner. She wanted someone sensitive, kind, playful, yellow-haired, and devoted. A few weeks later a stray golden shepherd came into her life. She left out the "human" part (true story).

In working with your Animal Spirits, how specific are you with your questions and requests?

Littles

Best companion ever!! The universe gave her the best version of her prayers in my opinion 😍 lol

As for myself. I have lately begun speaking out loud during my meditations, prayers. It's a strange experience for me as I would much rather think all my thoughts in my head. But since I have started speaking my requests, my hopes out loud... and being quite specific, I have been surprised to find things flowing much more smoothly during my day. As if FINALLY I gave the universe some actual notice on the intention of my direction, and so it sped up the winds to my sails 🤷‍♀️ Who knew!

Gayle Wyant

I began being more specific with my intentions about a year and half ago. My intentions are looked at this time of year for me, in 2019 I set the intentions of following the Divine in every thing I do and to do things differently. Wow, did I leave that way too open to interpretation by the Universe. My whole world totally changed, mostly for the better but what a rollercoaster ride in all areas of my life. I made my intentions much more specific last October, including doing monthly action plans for my intentions. I still have a desire to get even more specific this year by using smart goals, or intentions this year. I am currently working on this process. I am living my manifesting more and more these days! I am excited by the adventure and interconnectedness this process is bringing into my life.

Mark Ravenheart

I have tried to be very specific and really think out what it is I want. I heard of a lady that asked the universe for enough money to pay her bills. When she got the money and paid her bills she realized that she had no money left over for herself. She asked for money to pay her bills and that is what she got. Gotta be careful sometimes what you wish for.

Grasshopper

Staff member
Mark, it's like the old RPG player's joke - the Knight wishes for a holy sword and gets one that looks like swiss cheese. The universe has a wicked sense of humor.

DARKSHINEZ

An excellent question / topic.

I continue to "work with" the "specifics" {science and magic and in between and beyond and all around}.

I do love the example you, @Grasshopper gave about the young lady and her asking. I have done similar along the way of my life's journey and then realizing that okay, I received things I was "asking, wishing, manifesting, etc.", and that okay, there were things within it that were not so lovely or came with the challenges that are the "crush you kind" {always looking for a word or phrase for what I mean here}, and not the challenges that are loving, supportive; stretch me/you/one in all the places that can be stretched {always looking for a word or phrase here as well} ...

It is also continuing to find my way and ways, what supports / loves / works with me ... and in working with the animals that show up and their messages ...

I have had animals show up ~ live, in dreams, as a vision or such, in visual communications ~ and I always know, sense, feel there are messages and the specifics I may or may not fully "grasp" in the moments. I may percolate and weave in and out of the messages and specifics.

At the moment, I can recall moments where I had a full circle experience, and it may have been weeks, months, years and several years later.
I know that some were around the concept of "letting go" and specifically around something inner {something within me, something within me and connected to other humans}, not material based {it has become quite easy and graceful and loving for me to let go of material things}.

I am as specific as I am able to be with my requests and questions ~ in working with my Spirit Animals and otherwise ~ I shift, adjust, redirect, add to, etc. as I learn, introspect, assess, etc. with myself ...

I hope this makes sense, and if not that is all okay. :))

Jules

In working with my Animal Spirits, I invite one or any animals that would like to “walk with me” that day and guide me to any magic or manifestation that might go unnoticed without their company. When I sincerely ask for something (tangible or intangible), I am always amazed at what the Animals give back or show me without any condition or judgement.

If I want to manifest without the Animals help, I do something very simple that worked for me, and my sister, as children! We grew up with not much, rather poor, with parents that did their best to provide for us. We would create anything we wanted from paper, boxes, crayons, cloth, string, tape, glue … whatever we had. Things we made, for instance: cameras, animals, jewelry, cars, food, clothes … anything that was part of our imaginary playtime! To this day, I still draw, write or sculpt what it is that I want to truly manifest. It works most of the time. I guess it’s similar to creating a vision board, but I love the memory of our “child’s play” in the ‘60s, and this still works for me. I love your question and everyone’s responses. Thanks for the opportunity to throw my “two cents” in.