What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Question of the Week: Do you Make New Year's resolutions? 12/26

Mark Ravenheart

Sometimes there are changes I want to make and they coincide with New Years' but as a general rule, I don't make N.Y. resolutions. I find that 9 times out of 10 the resolution fails and then I feel bad about myself while trying to start a new year.

Pearlized

Staff member
Not a resolution as such, more

""This is how it going to be going forward""

Due to various life issues for the past 15 years its has been complete turmoil if i am honest. Well no more. Things are going to change. Some all ready have, now its down to the nitty gritty and its not going to be pretty. Its going to be tough, but it has to be done. Fot my own sanity if nothing else.

Littles

I do similar to Gayle as far as using intentions go. First, I start with writing out a gratitude list for the year that has passed. What did I learn? What do I wish to not learn more of? etc.. After I have had time to really sit on it, I then begin writing out a new list. An intention list. What do I intend to attract to me for the new year? What do I want to take from the last and bring to the new, and also what do I want to leave behind? I pull a card for an overall theme of my upcoming year and I end with doing my personal year using numerology.

I don't make promises to lose weight, break habits, or push myself to do something new or different exactly. But I perfectly let the universe know which experiences I would like to have and I work toward them, finally at the end of the year I start all over with a gratitude list. :D

Gayle Wyant

I do similar to Gayle as far as using intentions go. First, I start with writing out a gratitude list for the year that has passed. What did I learn? What do I wish to not learn more of? etc.. After I have had time to really sit on it, I then begin writing out a new list. An intention list. What do I intend to attract to me for the new year? What do I want to take from the last and bring to the new, and also what do I want to leave behind? I pull a card for an overall theme of my upcoming year and I end with doing my personal year using numerology.

I don't make promises to lose weight, break habits, or push myself to do something new or different exactly. But I perfectly let the universe know which experiences I would like to have and I work toward them, finally at the end of the year I start all over with a gratitude list. :D
I also start with a gratitude's list and look for the golden nuggets even in the hard stuff. I like the idea of adding what lessons I don't want to learn more of! I am going to include that as I review my yearly intentions list monthly at the new moon and set action steps for the upcoming month. I believe that will be extremely helpful moving forward. Thank you!