What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Seven of Cups Tarot Card Meaning - Rider Waite Smith Tarot

RestlessMermaid

I'm finding this very VERY interesting. As I'm trying to build this empire into a serious brand and the holidays are coming up and my lack of cash flow right now....I've been thinking.

Yesterday I decided aprons and stencils for cakes/cookies were a good thing. No "real" expense and fun fact: before I started working at the shop I bought, I was getting my degree in fashion design. I can make my way around fabric....knowwhutImean. So I Googled apron patterns. Google popped up with ME as the first result. Not Williams-Sonoma, not Bed Bath & Beyond. ME. Now. I had to giggle and say, ok, I'm listening here because the word apron is NOT on my website anywhere let alone a metatag/seo thing. But I popped into 1st place. Now.....not so much helpful for finding a pattern lol because I don't have one. I checked. 🤣 But I'm thinking I'm on the right path. And designing me own seems to be where I'm being led.

Owning my own business has been a lifelong dream. I used to make cookies and sell them door to door when I was maybe 8yrs old. I've been baking my since I was old enough to stand at the counter. And sewing. I always knew my business would probably be one or the other. At 45yrs old I bought my business. Now I need to glow it up.

Let's be honest here. I need MORE enlightening in my life because my BS detector has worked overtime with "religions" my whole life that now it's time to cut all that out and see what else there is to life.

RestlessMermaid

I'm finding this very VERY interesting. As I'm trying to build this empire into a serious brand and the holidays are coming up and my lack of cash flow right now....I've been thinking.

Yesterday I decided aprons and stencils for cakes/cookies were a good thing. No "real" expense and fun fact: before I started working at the shop I bought, I was getting my degree in fashion design. I can make my way around fabric....knowwhutImean. So I Googled apron patterns. Google popped up with ME as the first result. Not Williams-Sonoma, not Bed Bath & Beyond. ME. Now. I had to giggle and say, ok, I'm listening here because the word apron is NOT on my website anywhere let alone a metatag/seo thing. But I popped into 1st place. Now.....not so much helpful for finding a pattern lol because I don't have one. I checked. 🤣 But I'm thinking I'm on the right path. And designing me own seems to be where I'm being led.

Owning my own business has been a lifelong dream. I used to make cookies and sell them door to door when I was maybe 8yrs old. I've been baking my since I was old enough to stand at the counter. And sewing. I always knew my business would probably be one or the other. At 45yrs old I bought my business. Now I need to glow it up.

Let's be honest here. I need MORE enlightening in my life because my BS detector has worked overtime with "religions" my whole life that now it's time to cut all that out and see what else there is to life.
@Gabriella Schnauzer Mom then this.....

Grasshopper

Staff member
Restless I love to cook and sew. Both have their Zen moments. I've watched the struggles and rewards of owning your own business vicariously. I get stuck. I have ideas, but really don't know how to manifest them on any significant level and always worry they're just doomed anyway. Yeah, I'm perky that way (LOL). Did you have any steps you took to boost your confidence in the business you wanted to build?

RestlessMermaid

I can do all things through spite which strengthens me ~Pettylonians 24:7

Lol that had A LOT to do with it. Being told your worthless unless you submit to creepy preachers made me throw myself into anything and everything to stay away from those types of people who were actually living in my house growing up. I got kicked out of Jr high and high school. High school for fighting. I learned early, and thankfully without much police intervention, that I had HAD to channel that angst into SOMETHING. So in high school I: coached a Special Olympics low functioning team, trained Guide Dogs for the Blind puppies, designed a teddy bear that I sold, took cake decorating classes and sold cakes, worked on a ranch to pay for my horse's board, took classes on welding, car repair, cosmetology, veterinary assistant, and more cake decorating. I volunteered at the local nursing home and won over the most cantankerous old people I could find. Now. I was no angel. I could EASILY have died or ended up in jail from stupidity. But that's how I coped with copious amounts of childhood trauma. Then I dropped out of high school my Sr year because I only had freshman credits lol apparently I did everything but bother to hand in homework 🤣🤣 I have tried EVERY home based business MK, Avon, Tupperware, etc. And even considered doing 1 again recently. But I read a blog a long time ago that said if you truly want to own a business, build one yourself. Don't rep someone else's. Now, no knocks towards anyone who does, but I have authority issues and being told anything I can/can't do just ticks me off. I knew my business would be bakery stuffs or sewing because I can do that 24hrs straight and still love it (another marker for whether or not you have passion for what you're doing) My pretty pharm research credentials that I set aside to raise kids didn't mean as much after I decided it was time to go back to work. I ended up in my shop and there was a help wanted sign. Part time, little pay, but it seemed fun. It was. Fast forward to my 4yr anniversary this month and I own the place. The old owner wanted to retire and nobody was buying it. It needed updating and technology (we had a Casio cash register 🤣) but potential was there. And I didn't want to look for a job again and I definitely didn't want a boss. My boss let me do whatever I wanted as long as I got my work done, which I always did. I treated my employees the same way. I had a wait list for people who wanted to work for me before covid hit 🤣🤣🤣 so it kinda morphed into what was supposed to be. The previous owner funded the sale because I didn't qualify. And I pay her monthly on the note. So many doors opened to get me that shop. Because on paper, it wasn't feasible. And it wasn't a good business decision, on paper. But I bought into its potential. It all fell into place. Including keeping 100% during the divorce. Does that make sense?

RestlessMermaid

Restless I love to cook and sew. Both have their Zen moments. I've watched the struggles and rewards of owning your own business vicariously. I get stuck. I have ideas, but really don't know how to manifest them on any significant level and always worry they're just doomed anyway. Yeah, I'm perky that way (LOL). Did you have any steps you took to boost your confidence in the business you wanted to build?
I guess steps were just trying a million things until something stuck I couldn't live without 🤣🤣 that's probably the cliff notes version 🤣🤣 cake life has saved my life, literally, more than once. This round its time to make sure others have access to all the random info in my head. I just got done making a batch of royal icing for tonight's cookie class 🤍🤍🤍😋

Attachments

• 20210730_073620.jpg
    20210730_073620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

DARKSHINEZ

Reading the threads here ...
it sounds that you have a wealth to offer @RestlessMermaid ... being in business for oneself, doing what you love, taking risks, and so much more.
It sounds, from what I grasp, that you are doing it all on your own, mainly {?}. That can be extra challenging, and maybe some of the challenges are "all good" {challenges that one can move through with ease and grace, mostly} and also, maybe some that are challenges that are "rough / tough" {challenges that each of us may love to shift so that we are more supported, etc.}.

May you continue to be your sacred vessel and be supported in all ways ...
*You are supported with Mama Bear, Grasshopper, TPOT, etc., the Wild Pack* from what I notice 😊
Maybe there is an animal partner around for you ... {?}

Love @Grasshopper "I want to lick your beaters" ~ maybe a tagline to use and/or play with and make some more around your creations, business ... {?} OR NOT 🥰😘

RestlessMermaid

Reading the threads here ...
it sounds that you have a wealth to offer @RestlessMermaid ... being in business for oneself, doing what you love, taking risks, and so much more.
It sounds, from what I grasp, that you are doing it all on your own, mainly {?}. That can be extra challenging, and maybe some of the challenges are "all good" {challenges that one can move through with ease and grace, mostly} and also, maybe some that are challenges that are "rough / tough" {challenges that each of us may love to shift so that we are more supported, etc.}.

May you continue to be your sacred vessel and be supported in all ways ...
*You are supported with Mama Bear, Grasshopper, TPOT, etc., the Wild Pack* from what I notice 😊
Maybe there is an animal partner around for you ... {?}

Love @Grasshopper "I want to lick your beaters" ~ maybe a tagline to use and/or play with and make some more around your creations, business ... {?} OR NOT 🥰😘
Yes, definitely doing it alone for the past couple years. My hometown is 1600 miles away.
Thank you ❤