What's new
Wild Pack Wisdom
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Snake Medicine

mlee7000

In order to heal my body, mind and spirit, I made the hard choice to quit my job in June. I also quit social media for a good portion of that time. I'm blessed to live 10 minutes away from a nature center and spent hours every day on that glorious land. Mother nature didn't dissapoint in working to heal my weary soul. She talked with me daily in the form of birds, animals, plants, dragonflies, butterflies & moths, amphibians, reptiles, etc. I live in Minnesota. It's getting very cold, and my body doesn't move as well in the cold as it does in warmer weather. So, I went out for what might be my last hike for a while. As I was hiking, I was stopped by this beautiful garter snake. I truly almost walked on top of her, but my body just made a hard stop right before I did and I was forced to look down and notice her. She didn't move one bit. In fact, since it was only in the low 40s, I thought she was dead. I admired her for several minutes. I wondered if I should pick her up and move her out of the way so no one accidently stepped on her. Before I did, I bent over a bit to take a few pictures of her. She didn't open her mouth or give off musk to scare me away. She stayed patient and then turned the other way and slithered away. I haven't yet determined what medicine she brought me. Perhaps I'm shedding my old skin in the hopes of a transformative new life and maybe new career. I'm just grateful for her presence and the beauty and peacefulness of that wonderful nature center.

Attachments

• Garter Snake on path.jpg
    Garter Snake on path.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 1

Pearlized

Have you looked at the Ark meaning of Snake. There could be a lot of useful info that would give a lot more to help you move forward.

Quitting your job can be a hard choice. Its one i made too back in 2010. Best move i ever made if i am honest. For many reasons.

I hope you can find another way to connect with mother nature during the cold days of winter. Do they have wecams around there.??? If not, maybe look for places that do.

mlee7000

It's funny because snake appeared in Bernadette's Jan 2021 reading for Aquarians (that's me). Since Jan is my birth month, I paid close attn to that reading. That was insightful.

When I started on my never-ending healing journey in the 90s, the Minoan Snake Goddess appeared as an archetype for me. The rattle of the rattle snake always reminds me of sound I heard before entering into a shamanic journey. I'm fascinated with the Ida, Pingala & Shushumna and the caduceus. I also know that I'm being called to work as a conduit for healing/wellbeing. I am resisting that because of all the fears around earning an income, especially in the traditional sense. I have a lot to work through. I will work with snake medicine and my spiritual guides to help me through this new journey in my life.

A web cam wouldn't satisfy me. I have to actually be in nature. Minnesota has it's brutally cold days, but there are also some beautiful days with sun and no wind that make it a joy to be outside. I'll go out on those days. I did that last year. The nature center also rents snowshoes. I've never done that. But, it's on my list for this winter.